Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Amazing man and Prayers!!!!




This amazing man is my dad !!! I am soooooo proud to call this man my dad. He has amazed me in soo many ways and has given me the ability to put my trust in GOD.

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 years ago ( December  2004 ). He was diagnosed with stage 4 Non- small cell Adenocarcinoma... this cancer is non operable and the doctors were giving him 6 months to live !!  As I write this it has been 5 years and 5 months since those words came out of the doctors mouth. Yes let me repeat that 5 YEARS and 5 MONTHS!!! Praise GOD !!!!!  GOD is good !!
My dad through the past 5 years and 5 months has been a fighter...stayed optimistic and has never one time given up. He is a man of God and has kept his focus on God the entire time. His relationship with God is one that we should all have.  I've always been a believer in God, but I have never felt the connection that I do to him this day and for that I will be forever grateful for my amazing dad bringing me closer to him...My dad has taught me so many things through this journey that God has brought us all on.

With all that said I won't lie and say this has all been easy because it has been anything but that. My dad has been through huge amounts of chemo, radiation, two brain surgeries ( the cancer had metastacized to his brain where they found two different brain tumors at two different times ) and with all that comes side effects that have been taking there toll on my dad, but he keeps going and keeps fighting.  He is simply amazing !! I love my dad with all my heart and will be forever grateful for his teachings of the Lord!!!! 

Dad I love you with all my heart !!!!!!!
xoxo
Have a blessed day everyone!!!

Please add my dad to your prayers !!
Thank you!!

3 comments:

  1. Your father and family are in my prayers hun!! What a strong amazing man!!
    Bless you all!
    Love ya!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. His is an amazing story. Both of you are in my thoughts all the time!

    ReplyDelete