Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shopping, Appt and Dad.....

Phew! I am trying to catch my breath from a very busy past few days....

I brought Carter to his 9 month appt on friday and of course he did awesome. No shots thankfully...they just had to do the finger prick to test his iron and check for lead. He took it like a champ... was a bit annoyed that the nurse was restricting his hand, but he was fine other than that.  Carter weighs 23lbs and his length is 29 1/8 inches long!!! Yes I KNOW he is a BIG boy !!!! I am still breastfeeding him and he is eating oatmeal, alll kinds of fruit and veggies, yogurt and loves cheerios... I just recently introduced him to a sippy cup and he seemed to do well with it... I was surprised how much he enjoyed sipping on water!!!   Carter is saying momma, dadda and bebba (Bella) .. he claps, waves, shakes his head no and he signs eat and more !! He sits up on his own and can almost go from laying down to sitting up , but hasn't quite figured it out .. anyday now!! He has no desire to move.. I can put him in one spot on the floor with toys and he stays right where I leave him even if a toy rolls away from him he will just move on to the next toy that is sitting near him.  Carter has his two bottom teeth and seems to be working on some of the upper teeth, but nothing has poked thru yet!!!  Will update again at 10 months!!!

I wanted to give a quick update on my dad. He is feeling much better... he is able to get up and move around more allowing him more time on his feet since the antibiotics have been attacking the infection. He is on the antibiotics still and I believe will be for about 5 or so more days. He seems to be in great spirits and happy to be back home !!!! 

This weekend was a busy one... we had Josh's graduation on Saturday and then Sunday was MY day !! I went shopping with a friend. I had alot of fun ....I desperately needed some new clothes .... I didn't end up finding all that I needed, but I got some and will maybe be able to grab a few more things at a later date!!!! The deal of the day that I got was a Nine West purse that I love love love.... it's a $200 purse I got for $39.95 !! YAY me!!!! I love when I find great deals like that!!!!!!

This coming weekend we are headed up to my in-laws lake house where we will celebrate Josh's graduation!! I am looking forward to another funfilled weekend!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Way to grown Carter! How cute on all his words & signs :) Glad to hear your Dad is continuing to improve!

    ReplyDelete